St. Patrick's Day
Braised Corned BeefServes 4-5
3-pounds of corned beef brisket
10 small potatoes
5 carrots, peeled and cut into 3" pieces
1 large head cabbage, cut into small wedge
1. Place corned beef in large pot and cover with water.
2. Add spices.
3. Cover pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
4. Add whole potatoes and carrots, and cook until vegetables are almost tender.
5. Add cabbage, cook for 15 more minutes.
6. Remove meat, let rest for 15 minutes.
7. Place vegetables in a bowl and cover.
8. Add as much broth as desired.
9. Slice meat across the grain.
10. Serve and enjoy!